Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 13, 2010

I'm not sure if this is worth making an issue of. Mother's Day. I received a card from my daughter. One week prior to MD, she bought two new dresses. She lives under our roof, rent free; works full time (40 hrs. a week). I do the wash, make her bed, dinner, etc. I got a card. Hubby got me a card with $50.00 bucks in it. He made me dinner. Daughter lazed around. This disturbed me, but I don't want to make an issue, however, if the opening came, I'd say something. Last night opening rolled in. She came home carrying a shopping bag from DSW, containing two new pairs of shoes. So as she showed them to me and asked what I thought, I said, " Better than the card I got for Mother's Day." First she said, "Huh?" and then said, "I don't want to argue." All I replied was that I was merely making a point. Today I feel guilty, like a whiner. But damn, I'm her mother. Does she think that little of me? I mean, if she were unemployed and down on her luck, I'd understand it, but to show up with just a card is sort of saying that she doesn't think highly of me or appreciates me. Maybe she doesn't have to think highly of me, but at least show a little gratitude - a little more than a card that she bought five minutes before walking in the door. Seriously, where are her priorities? Why do I feel guilty for making a point?

No comments: